17 November 2008

Month 1: Gone By

It's been a month since breaking up with J. A little over a month actually, but who's counting (ummm - that's right, I am). The friendship we have been able to maintain is superficial. At least it seems like it to me. We used to actually talk about things - we rarely ran out of things to talk about. Now, it's the "how's life, what's new?" "oh not much, how are you" kind of conversation that seems to take place whenever we do interact. Our relationship went from filled with purpose and meaning, to a mere interaction. And that to me is infinitely sadder than losing the romantic relationship. I miss the friendship (well, I miss the sex, too, but that's besides the real point) and I miss his company. It's nice to know, though, that my broken heart still functions well enough to keep up with my six-mile runs...

No comments: