10 April 2009

And we're officially fans

I love live music. There is nothing that gets me off my ass and on my feet more than a rockin' band, especially if I am familiar with the songs or know one/some of the musicians. While I would not call myself a music snob (I listen to a huge variety of music genres and am an equal opportunity listener), I would also not call myself a "fan" of many bands. I like many bands, but to label myself as a "fan," I have to personally be committed to that band's success, believe in the talent of the members and have a desire to see that band go far. Saying that I am a fan of XYZ band is saying a lot.

With this in mind, I want to officially declare myself a fan of Nine Circles. The Jersey-based band is booking gigs throughout New York and New Jersey, and its calendar is filling up fast.

Last night, Jackie and I headed downtown to Crash Mansion to see our new fave band rock out in the basement venue. After throwing back some shots with bassist Steve Morris, and chatting for a minute with guitarist Tom Spears, Jackie and I assumed our standard position - right next to the stage - and rocked to Nine Circles' tunes. The band's next album comes out on May 19.

The guys:


The girls:


And me:





No comments: