20 November 2009

What's on your Bucket List?

I don't know about you, but the holiday season always brings forth a boat-load of emotions not felt on a normal, non-November/December day. Not only are these feeling bubbling up and overflowing from my eyeballs, I'll often feel differing emotions at the same time. For example, I can be utterly content as I peer into the decorated windows at Lord and Taylor or Macy's, while feeling completely melancholy, yet excited at the exact. same. time. One minute I am happily decorating my tree, excited as I shop for the perfect Christmas Eve outfit (this year it's a black, wool tulip skirt, and short-sleeved green and black silk shirt with my classy, wedge motorcyclish type black boots), wistful as I remember all of the Christmas Eve dinners we spent with my Poppy who is now deceased, and sad just thinking that I am single during the holiday season for the second year in a row.

So feeling all of this, plus much more, has prompted me to revisit my Bucket List. I mean, I am examining my life via my emotions right now anyway, so why not check out the "Things to do Before I Die" list and see if I can cross off anything.

So here it is. Brie's Bucket List. The things I've done are in black - other ambitions are in white. I know some of these items are not exactly, ummm, I guess the word is moral (i.e. Have an affair), but I think they will all help build character and support my goal of having an interesting life.

So, I ask you, WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST?





1 comment:

Carla said...

Ooh! Ooh! Can I go too when you go to the ashram??? Please!