12 February 2009

Who thought working in finance could be entertaining?

I am usually logged into Investopedia.com all day, every weekday. I use this website purely for it's financial dictionary since I am by no means a finance girl (yet) and because I work in the finance industry. Investopedia is the love of my life since it helps me sound like I know what I am talking about at work and assists in some intense translations, like this: the consequent rating implications are likely to be negligible due to robust transaction structures and subordination build-up. WTF does that mean? Investopedia will help me decode this cryptic message.

Also, Investopedia gives me a "Quote of the Day" and "Financial Term of the Day." Today's quote and term are both entertaining...

QOTD
"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians."
- Warren Buffett

FTOTD is especially wonderful, as I think it describes me and Hayley: RECESSIONISTA!

What Does Recessionista Mean?
A person who is able to remain stylish during times of economic hardship. A recessionista can shop on a limited budget and still manage to be up to date on the most current fashions. A recessionista does not let a bad economy, inflation, or a strong recession damage his or her wardrobe and opts to search for sales and shop at thrifty discount stores instead.

Investopedia explains Recessionista
The term recessionista derives from a combination of the words recession and fashionista. It is used to make light of a bad situation and demonstrate how people can maintain their lifestyles in times of struggle.


No comments: